ARE YOU EXPERIENCING ANXIETY?
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends screening adults ages 18 to 64 years for ANXIETY — including people who are pregnant or postpartum.
Anxiety disorders are the MOST commonly occurring mental health condition in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults. Only 36.9% of those suffering with anxiety disorders receive treatment. Anxiety disorders include: generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, separation anxiety disorder, phobias, and selective mutism. Anxiety disorders are often unrecognized in primary care settings and can take years before the problem is reported and treated in an office setting. It can become a chronic condition characterized by periods of remission and recurrence until it is diagnosed, treated, and managed.
A Few Statistics:
- Anxiety disorders affect 3.94% of the worldwide population
- The prevalence of anxiety disorders in the US is higher in women at 30.8% than in men at 23.5%
- 41.7% of young adults (18 to 29 years) suffer from anxiety
- 9.4% of children in the US have anxiety
- 31% of college students have an anxiety diagnosis
- 7.1% of the US population has social anxiety disorder
- 94% of the workers feel stressed out at work
- The COVID-19 pandemic caused a 25% increase in anxiety prevalence
The causes of anxiety disorders involve a combination of factors including genetics, environmental factors, brain chemistry, and life events. Other factors such as increased stress, low self-esteem, a history of depression, as well as substance abuse can all play a major role in identifying the risk factors of anxiety.
VBK is here to help you in this journey. If you are experiencing signs and symptoms of anxiety or if you are not sure if anxiety is what you are experiencing, please take a few minutes to complete this assessment. Please complete the contact information if you would like an in person or virtual professional assessment in a non-judgmental culturally unbiased environment with VBK.